20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
If you're looking for easy slow cooker recipes with two to three ingredients, you've come to the right place. Here are 20 of the world's all-time easiest slow cooker recipes for the family that gets breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snack, or soup on the table with low-to-no prep.
1. Apple Oatmeal: Spray pot with no-stick oil. Add 1 cup steel cut oats, 1 ½ cup vanilla coconut milk, 2 cored, peeled, and diced apples. Add 1 ½ cup water plus optional pinch brown sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir well, cook low 5 to 7 hours.
2. Quinoa Breakfast: Put in pot 1 cup quinoa, 3 cups almond milk, 1 peeled and diced apple, (medjool dates optional). Spice with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla. Cook low overnight or high 2 hours.
3. Pumpkin Butter: A holiday favorite, combine 2 15-ounce cans pumpkin puree, 1 ¼ cup maple syrup plus spices (2 teaspoons of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract). Cook low 8 hours, high 4 hours. No need to can, just refrigerate in jars.
4. Basic Egg Casserole: Whisk 6 large eggs, ¼ cup milk, ½ cup Greek yogurt, and desired spices. Add optional ingredients – spinach, cheese, or ham. Spray pot with cooking spray. Pour mixture in pot. Cook high 90 minutes to 2 hours .
5. BBQ Lentils: Take a pound of green lentils and a jar of good quality BBQ sauce. Pour together and add 4 cups of water. Stir and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Serve over rice.
6. Root Beer Wings: Cook 2 ½ pounds chicken wings on high for 2 ½ hours. Remove lid, drain juices from pot. Mix a bottle of top-quality honey barbeque sauce and 6 ounces of root beer soda. Pour over chicken. Cook 30 more minutes.
7. 3-Ingredient Chili: Dump 1pound cooked, drained ground beef, 1 can undrained diced tomatoes seasoned for chili, and 1 can undrained chili beans. Cook low for several hours to mingle flavors.
8. Swedish Meatballs: Blend a jar of beef-flavored gravy and 8 ounces of sour cream in pot. Stir in bag of frozen meatballs (32-ounce homestyle) and cover with sauce. Cook low 5 hours.
9. Chicken 1-2-3: Season 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs and arrange in a single layer in pot. Add a jar of sauce – enchilada, Thai peanut, masala – and cook on low 2 to 3 hours or high 1 to 2 hours.
10. Honey Mustard Pork Chops: Season 4 pork chops (with bone and at least 1 ½ inches thick). Arrange in single layer (ok to slightly overlap). Pour in 8 ounces of honey mustard dressing. Cook low 4 to 6 hours.
11. Better Rotisserie Chicken: Place whole (rinsed and giblet-free) chicken into pot. (Tip: make a rack of foil balls for the chicken to sit on while cooking.) Rub olive oil and 4 tablespoons of all-purpose Greek Seasoning all over chicken. Cook low 8 hours, high 5 hours.
12. Sweet and Sour Meatballs: Mix a bag of frozen meatballs with grape jelly and a jar of chili sauce. Cook high 3 hours.
13. Peach Cobbler: Peel and slice 6 ripe peaches. Place in pot. Combine white or yellow cake mix with stick butter until mix is crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches. Cover dish with paper towel, then lid. Cook low 4 hours or high 2 to 3 hours.
14. Apple Cake: Dump 1 can apple pie filling in crockpot, next dump box of yellow cake mix, and place a stick of butter on top. Cook low 4 hours till top is golden brown.
15. Caramel Fondue: For dipping apples to pretzels, toss 25 unwrapped soft caramels, 1/3 cup of milk or heavy cream, and ½ cup of mini marshmallows in crockpot. Cook high 1 hour. Stir until smooth.
16. Berry Cake: Use 1 can cherry pie filling, box of chocolate cake mix, and stick of butter. Dump the cherry filling into the pot. Separately combine cake mix, melted stick of butter, and tablespoon water until crumbly. Spoon over filling. Cook low 4 to 5 hours, high 2 to 3 hours. Uncover, cook 30 minutes to release condensation.
17. Chickpea Pizza: Love snacking on chickpeas? Season 4 15-ounce cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas, and put them into the slow cooker. Pour a jar of marinara sauce over the chickpeas, stir to coat. Cook low for 6 hours.
18. Apple Butter: Peel, core, and slice 15 medium to large Red Delicious apples. Toss into pot along with 3 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 cups sugar (optional). Cook high 2 hours, then low an additional 6 to 8 hours. An hour before done, stir to thicken.
19. Homespun Chicken Soup: Combine leftover chicken, rice or pasta, vegetables and add into the pot with chicken stock and water. Generously spice. Cook low 6 to 8 hours.
20. Spinach Soup: Brown thinly sliced sweet Italian sausage in large skillet. Put sausage, can of drained, rinsed white beans, and optional vegetables (onion, carrots, celery) in pot. Stir in 4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook low 7 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours. Near end, stir in package of baby spinach until wilted.
For dozens more slow cooker recipes that require minimal muss or fuss, visit Foodlion.com and search for your favorite.