It's true - one of the best parts of the holiday season is getting together with family and friends to celebrate, share some laughs and create wonderful memories. And whether you're throwing a winter holiday party during Christmas or, New Year's, or to simply brighten up a winter break, you'll need some equally cheerful recieps to serve your guests.
Looking for some inspiration for your holiday party menu? We've got you covered! Here are four of our favorite holiday recipes that will wow a crowd on a dime. We're not talking hot, cold and finger foods that will warm your guests' appetites and their holiday spirit, including:
- Meatball Appetizers
- Candy Cane Appetizers
- Roast Beef Pinwheels
- Hot Cocoa Popcorn
Now, let's explore how to make each of these four holiday recipes.
1. Mini-Meatball Hot Appetizers:
You can't have a holiday party without an assortment of meatball appetizers, right? We suggest using easy packages of frozen meatballs. It's also important to make sure to keep plenty of toothpicks on-hand for your party guests to be able to enjoy your tasty appetizer.
When it comes to how to make mini meatballs, here are two of our favorite recipes:
- Coat the fozen meatballs with grape jelly and BBQ sauce. Then, cook in a crockpot on high for 2 to 3 hours, giving them plenty of time to soak up all of that delicious flavor.
- Make mini-meatball subs with dinner rolls. Simply combine quality marinara sauce with frozen meatballs, and cook through. Then, place some meatballs on a dinner rolls and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Be mindful of the number of meatballs you place on each roll. You don't want to leave too much bread, but you also don't want meatballs overflowing off your guests' sub sandwiches. Finally, before serving, melt the cheese by putting the subs on a baking tray and placing them in a hot oven for a few minutes. We recommend baking them at 350 degrees.
2. CANDY CANE COLD APPETIZERS:
The trick to this adult and kid-friendly holiday recipe is bendable straws. For fruit candy canes, alternate slices of bananas and strawberries. But, if you're going for a spearmint candy cane look, green grapes can work in place of strawberries.
For a savory appetizers, alternate rounds of pepperoni or grape tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. But, if straws are a hassle, simply place the food pieces on a place or platter in the shape of candy canes.
3. Garlic Deli Meat Pinwheels:
Pressed for time before your party? Not to worry! What's really great about this appetizer is that you can feed a crowd quick (with about 36 pinwheels) with this holiday recipe:
- 6 Soft 8-inc Taco-Sized Flour Tortillas
- 1 Package of Garlic & Herb spreadable soft cheese
- 1/2 pound of Deli Roast Beef, Turkey or Ham (sliced thin)
- Vegetables of your choice (sliced longways)
- Spread cheese over an open tortilla wrap.
- Cover the cheese with deli meat slices and sprinkle a pinch of salt over the top. Add veggies evenly over top if desired.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly.
- Wrap each tortilla (uncut) in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to help keep its shape.
- Before the party, slice each log into equal pieces (as large or small as you'd like).
- Insert a toothpick into each piece, arrange on a tray and refrigerate until serving time.
4. Hot Cocoa Popcorn:
Move over, Autumn s'mores and make room for winter's crunchy chocolate popcorn holiday recipe. Who doesn't love a buttery bowl of popcorn? How about a hot cup of cocoa? That's what makes this hot cocoa popcorn recipe so wonderful. It's a flavor combination of both! Plus, this holiday recipe is super easy to make. Here are the step-by-step instructions.
- 8 Cups of Plain Popped Popcorn
- 1 3/4 Cups of Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 Packet Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup of Light Corn Syrup
- Combine popcorn and 1 cup of marshmallows in a bowl.
- Combine cocoa mix (minus 2 teaspoons - set aside), 1/2 cup marshmallows, sugar, butter and corn syrup in a nonstick saucepan. Cook up to 6 minutes over medium heat, constantly stirring until the mixture is melted and completely smooth.
- Pour the melted mixture over the popcorn and marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Pour the popcorn mixture onto a large piece of waxed paper and divide the mixture into small clumps.
- Sprinkle the clumps with the rest of the cocoa mix and remaining marshmallows.
- Microwave the milk chocolate chips in a bowl for up to 2 minutes while stirring every few seconds. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn clumps.
- Let the popcorn set and store in airtight containers until your party.
There are lots more holiday recipes where these came from. For more melt-in-your-mouth winter holiday recipes and ideas, visit Foodlion.com to whip up some festive cheer and make more merry with crowd-pleasing dishes everyone will love.