4 Must-Have Recipes for Your Winter Holiday Party
Whether you're throwing a winter holiday party during Christmas, New Year's or to brighten up a winter break, you'll want some equally cheery recipes to serve guests. Here are our favorite festive recipes to wow a crowd – everything from hot, cold and finger foods to warm everyone's appetite.
1. Mini-Meatball Hot Appetizers: You can't have a party without an assortment of meatball appetizers. Use easy packages of frozen meatballs. Keep toothpicks on hand. Here are two favorite recipes:
- Coat frozen meatballs with grape jelly and BBQ sauce, cook in crockpot on high 2 to 3 hours.
- Make mini-meatball subs with dinner rolls. Just combine quality marinara sauce with frozen meatballs, cook through, place one on a dinner roll and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Before serving, melt cheese by putting tray in hot oven for a few minutes.
2. Candy Cane Cold Appetizers: The trick to this adult-and-kid-friendly appetizer is bendable straws. For fruit candy canes, alternate slices of bananas and strawberries. For a savory appetizer, alternate rounds of pepperoni or grape tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. If straws are a bother, simply place food on plates in the shape of candy canes.
3. Garlic Roast Beef Pinwheels: Feed a crowd quick (about 36 pinwheels) with this recipe:
- 6 soft 8-inch taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 package of garlic and herb spreadable soft cheese
- ½ pound deli roast beef sliced thin
- Spread cheese over an open tortilla wrap.
- Cover cheese with roast beef slices and sprinkle pinch of salt over top.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly.
- Wrap each tortilla (uncut) in plastic wrap and regrigerate overnight to help keep its shape.
- Next day before the party, slice each log into equal pieces (as large or small as you'd like).
- Insert a toothpick, arrange on a tray and refrigerate until serving time.
4. Hot Cocoa Popcorn: Move over, Autumn s'mores, make room for winter's crunchy chocolate popcorn.
- 8 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 ¾ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 packet hot cocoa mix
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- Combine popcorn and 1 cup marshmallows in a bowl.
- Combine cocoa mix (minus 2 teaspoons set aside), ½ cup marshmallows, sugar, butter and corn syrup in a nonstick saucepan. Cook up to 6 minutes over medium heat constantly stirring until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour melted mixture over popcorn and marshmallows, stir to coat.
- Pour popcorn mixture onto large piece of waxed paper and divide mixture into small clumps.
- Sprinkle clumps with rest of cocoa mix and remaining marshmallows.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips in bowl for up to 2 minutes while stirring every few seconds and drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn clumps.
- Let popcorn set and store in airtight containers until your party.
For more melt-in-your-mouth winter holiday party recipes and ideas, visit Foodlion.com.