5 Fall Chicken Breast Recipes That Deliver the Warmth
With fall's cooler weather, it's a great time to whip up some spicy dishes to warm everyone's taste buds. September is National Chicken Month, according to NationalChickenMonth.com, so why not include some tasty fall chicken entrees to your family's meal menu?
Spices including cayenne pepper, gingler, garlic, and onion add heat to these savory chicken dishes. If you want to ramp up the heat, you can increase the amount of the spices you use, or if your family prefers milder flavors, you can cut it to reduce the heat.
- Shredded BBQ Chicken: Shred a rotisserie chicken or open a large can of chicken and put it in a saucepan. Pour about a cup of your favorite BBQ sauce over it, add a tablespoon of brown sugar, and add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Stir everything together over low heat until the dry ingredients are completely dissolved and it's steaming hot. Serve on a bun or in halved pita bread.
- Chicken Enchiladas: Put pre-cooked cubed or shredded chicken in a large skillet with the burner set on low. Add 4 ounces of Italian salad dressing, 1/2-teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2-teaspoon onion powder. Heat until steaming, then serve over enchilada shells with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
- Mango Honey Sriracha Glazed Drumsticks: Add the fiery heat of sriracha to your autumn meals with this Food Lion chicken recipe. Add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the sauce when it's cooking if you want to add a sweet touch. Prepare the sauce on the stovetop, then transfer everything to the oven to finish cooking.
- Teriyaki and Ginger Chicken Stir Fry: Prepare a traditional chicken and broccoli stir fry in the wok. While the chicken and broccoli are cooking, mix up 1/4-cup soy sauce, 1/4-cup pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2-teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1/2-teaspoon of ginger in a small saucepan on medium heat. Pour the sauce over the stir fry and combine well before serving over rice or noodles.
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Nuggets With Spicy-Sweet Dipping Sauce: Cut a pack of bacon strips in half and wrap one strip around each chicken nugget. Bake the nuggets according to package directions. Combine 1/2-cup of BBQ sauce and 1/2-teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a small bowl and microwave until steaming. Stir well and serve with the bacon-wrapped chicken nuggets.