Is there anything better on a hot day than pulling delicious ice pops out of the freezer? Homemade popsicle recipes give you a great opportunity to transform fresh fruit, veggies, and other delectable ingredients into a cool summer treat everyone can appreciate. That's why we created this quick guide on how to make popsicles, along with three recipes that deliver gorgeous results.
How to Make Popsicles
Good news: Ice pops are way easier to make than ice cream, but they're just as refreshing. If you have a popsicle maker, great! If not, you can do quite a bit with some wooden craft sticks and waxed paper cups. Play around with your favorite ingredients to start coming up with your own homemade popsicle recipes. Fruit juice, veggie juice, teas, and coconut water all give you a great base. Add sliced fruits, veggies, or herbs for texture.
Whole Fruit Ice Pops
· 2 kiwis
· 1 cup raspberries
· 1 cup chopped peaches
· 1 cup blueberries
· 1 cup chopped watermelon
· 1 cup chopped pineapple
1. Puree each fruit one at a time, rinsing the blender or food processor between batches.
2. Spoon each fruit in a layer into a popsicle mold.
3. Freeze each layer until it's mostly solid before adding the next (typically 30 to 60 minutes).
4. Continue filling the molds until you've added each fruit layer.
5. Freeze the ice pops until ready to eat.
6. Unmold the pops by dipping them into hot water, and enjoy.
Floral Ice Pops
· 4 cups lightly colored liquid such as lemonade, coconut water, or white tea
· Edible flowers
1. Rinse the edible flowers and place them in your popsicle molds.
2. Fill the molds with the liquid of your choice.
3. Freeze until solid.
Peaches and Cream Ice Pops
· 2 1/2 cups diced peaches
· 1 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· 2 tablespoons yogurt
· 2 tablespoons water
1. Puree the peaches until they're smooth.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of peach puree to each mold. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of the cream mixture.
5. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of peach puree, insert the sticks into the mold, and return to the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Add the last of the cream mixture to the molds and freeze the ice pops for about 4 hours.