The Best Halloween Candy to Give Out
If you enjoy getting lots of trick-or-treaters at your door on Halloween, then you have to have best candy options. Kids know the best houses for getting candy and will avoid the ones handing out loot that isn't up to par. Not sure what candy to buy for Halloween? Start with these favorites:
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - Perhaps the most beloved of all Halloween candies are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. It's been a favorite for years and is still among the best Halloween candy today. Choose from regular cups, mini cups, and even fun pumpkin shapes to hand out to the little ghosts and goblins at your door.
- Twix - What's not to love about sweet caramel and creamy milk chocolate over a cookie? Full-size bars come two to a pack, but fun-size Halloween Ghost Twix are a better option for kids collecting pounds and pounds of candy on Halloween.
- Snickers - Snickers are some of the best candy for trick-or-treaters, which is why they're available in so many sizes. Bite size offer just a taste of caramel, peanuts, nougat, and chocolate, while fun size are big enough to satisfy a Snickers craving. If you offer full-size bars, you'll be a Halloween legend.
- Starburst - Starburst candies are among the top picks for non-chocolate Halloween candy. There are dozens of flavors and variations, but you can never go wrong with the classic variety.
- M&M's - M&M's have been a favorite for decades. Assorted packs offer fun-size bags of different varieties, including plain, peanut, and peanut butter. Try the Halloween Glow in the Dark Peanut M&M's this year!
- Skittles - If you're not sure what candy to buy for Halloween, go with Skittles. They're one of the most popular brands around the rest of the year, and are a go-to pick for Halloween also.
- Sour Patch Kids - Tart little Sour Patch Kids are another top non-chocolate option. Halloween packs offer the perfect portion and sometimes include packs of Swedish Fish, too.
- Nerds - Nerds are little fruit-flavored nuggets of sugary goodness. They're available in an assortment of flavors to give your trick-or-treaters several to choose from. For Halloween, look for variety packs that include Laffy Taffy and Sweet Tarts for more options.
- Milky Way - Milky Way bars are a chocolate and caramel combination that kids and adults love. While many kids wouldn't pick them out as a top candy bar pick, they're a great choice for adding variety to a haul that's already filled with Snickers and Twix bars.
- Jolly Ranchers - Unlike many other Halloween candies that are scarfed down in a matter of seconds, Jolly Ranchers are hard candies allow kids to savor fruity sweetness for a little while longer.
- Airheads - Airheads are fruity and chewy. Halloween size Airheads are about half the size of a regular Airhead and a perfect addition to any Halloween candy haul.
- Hershey's Mini - You can never go wrong with a bite-sized piece of milk chocolate. If you're worried about variety, look for assorted bags of Hershey's miniatures that include dark chocolate, almond, and Mr. Goodbar.
- Blow Pop - As far as lollipops go, you can't beat Blow Pops for Halloween. They're a two-in-one candy with gum in the middle. Definitely opt for these suckers over Dum-Dums and Tootsie Pops.
- Butterfinger - Butterfinger bars are a special kind of peanut butter and chocolate candy that come in several varieties including cups and wafers in addition to the classic candy bar. Around Halloween, you can count on finding a special holiday edition.