Cute & Delicious Cookies to Impress Santa This Christmas
Santa’s belly gets larger each year thanks to everyone’s chocolate chip cookies. How about some new ideas for creative treats for Santa? Here are a few Santa-friendly cookie recipe ideas that came straight down from the North Pole — and don’t forget the milk:
Christmas Tree Treat: Build a Christmas tree by stacking star-shaped sugar cookies with green icing. Sprinkle powdered sugar on the tips for an added winter wonderland effect.
Cute Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies: Give Santa a laugh. No fuss kits give you sweater-shaped cookies to decorate with icing and holiday sprinkles. It’s up to you to decorate the cookies in the ugliest way possible.
Candy Cane Hearts of Chocolate: Spread waxed paper on a baking sheet. Unwrap mini candy canes and place two next to each other to form a heart. Fill sheet with hearts. Melt your choice of chocolate in a pot or microwave (stir every few seconds). Spoon melted chocolate between candy canes to fill in the heart. Top with sprinkles. Put tray in a cool place to set.
Snowmen Cookies with a Smile: If you like crafting with your kids more than cooking, you’ll love this simple recipe.
- 36 Oreo sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- White chocolate, for dipping
- Facial features: chocolate sprinkles for eyes, orange sprinkle for nose, red sprinkles for mouth
- Optional hat: create a brown hat for snowmen using a Tootsie Roll and Rolo candies
- Use food processor to crush cookies finely.
- Add cream cheese to cookies crumbs and mix well.
- Roll into balls and place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- While freezing, melt white chocolate in microwave at 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Dip balls in white chocolate and put back on waxed paper to set for 15 minutes.
- Create hats by microwaving Tootsie Roll till soft enough to mold into a disk shape and add Rolo candy as top (decorate hat with a single sprinkle)
- Glue facial features on with melted white chocolate using toothpicks and tweezers for easier placement.
9. Glue hat on head with melted white chocolate.
Visit Food Lion for more Christmas cookies and other Santa-approved holiday treats.