Don’t Forget Breakfast! 4 Easy Recipes You Can Make for Overnight Guests Without Stress
We love having a houseful of guests during the holiday. Until it comes to making breakfast for everyone after you’ve just cleaned up from the holiday dinner. You don’t have to create a formal breakfast for guests. Most everyone is probably full from the night before. Here are a few super simple and satisfying ideas to give them the fuel they need to get up and go.
1. Eggs in a Mug: Set out large microwave safe mugs, eggs and toppings such as cheese, diced ham or turkey. Spray the inside of the cups with cooking spray. Crack and egg or two into the cup, add a bit of cream or milk, some shredded cheese, and beat together until combined. Microwave the cup for about 45 seconds or until the eggs are set. Top with more cheese for individual portions made to each guest’s liking.
2. No Fail French Toast: Impress your guests with your culinary skills. To make this flawless recipe, buy cinnamon swirl bread. The rest is a snap to make. This recipe is good for four slices so double or triple up as needed:
- Whisk 1 egg, a tablespoon of vanilla, and ¼ cup of milk or cream together in a shallow pan or bowl.
- Dip 1 piece of bread into the bowl at a time, both sides.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan. Put slices in the pan and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with fruit toppings and maple syrup.
3. Basic Breakfast Bake: If you insist on baking brunch, here’s the easiest casserole recipe that’ll serve a crowd. Adapt ingredients to your preference:
- 1-2 package sausage, cut up or diced
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or other sharp cheese)
- 1 medium pepper (green, yellow, red), chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup packaged biscuit or baking mix of your choice
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- Sauté sausage, pepper and onion until sausage cooked all the way through, then drain.
- Combine sausage mixture, potatoes, half the cheese in a baking dish.
- In separate bowl, stir baking mix, seasonings, and eggs.
- Pour wet mix into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of casserole with remaining cheese and bake another minute until cheese melts.
- You can always use diced ham, turkey, or even ground beef in place of sausage.
4. Yogurt Parfait Bar: Break out your sundae glasses for a yogurt parfait bar. Put out a few yogurt flavors, including plain and vanilla. Get creative with toppings such as granolas, fruits, seeds, and nuts. A jug of juice and coffee founds out a quick, easy breakfast.
Visit Foodlion.com for more breakfast ideas, including the crowd-pleasing Breakfast Pizza recipe.