On nights when you're short on time, you might be tempted to hit up a fast food restaurant or make a quick frozen meal. While these options are convenient, they're not always the best choices (and they can throw your food budget out of whack). Making a quick and easy casserole to keep in your freezer is a simple way to have quality, home-cooked food ready to go even on your busiest nights.
This chicken bacon ranch casserole is cheesy, comforting, and delicious. To make it even easier, whip up a double batch. Serve one for dinner tonight and freeze the other for later. Throw together a quick salad with fresh vegetables for a complete dinner ready in about 30 minutes.
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 4 slices bacon, diced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
• 1/2 pound rotini or other favorite pasta
• 1 16-ounce jar Alfredo sauce
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
• 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and coat a 9x9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a gallon-sized food storage bag, add the cubed chicken, olive oil, and ranch seasoning. Seal the bag and shake to coat all of the pieces evenly.
3. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat for six to eight minutes, or until it becomes crispy. Scoop the bacon onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Drain the bacon grease from the skillet, but reserve one tablespoon.
4. Add the coated chicken to the skillet with the bacon grease. Cook for two to three minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
5. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and add it to the baking dish.