8 Kid-Friendly Indoor Activities To Do On A Snow Day
School is closed, the kiddos are home and the outdoors are beginning to look like a winter wonderland.
There’s no homework, no school and no limits on the fun to be had on a snow day. But after a of couple hours outside, you hear the front door swing open; you know what’s next. The kids are looking for something to do, and they’re looking at you.
A seasoned pro, you’ve got this and Food Lion is here to help.
These 5 boredom-busters are sure to keep everyone happy, cozy and entertained until the school bus pulls up again.
1. Gingerbread House Decorating: Get ready to deck the halls of your edible home! Whether it’s premade or homemade, add your personal touch with candies and icing that you can enjoy all season long. Click here for even more gingerbread decorating tips and tricks.
2. Kid-friendly Baking: Winter and baking go together like sugar and cookies. Speaking of sugar cookies, check out one of our favorite kid-friendly cookie recipes or dust off the cookbook for a little snow-day fun in the kitchen.
3. Build a Blanket Fort: Nothing is more fun on a snow day than bundling up inside a blanket fort with a snack and a good book. But don’t forget your flashlight and batteries, just in case the power goes out!
4. Have an Indoor Picnic: Picnics aren’t just for sunny days, they are also a perfect way to bring the outdoors indoors when the winter weather comes.
5. Put on a Show: Whether it’s a puppet show, a play or dance party, release some of the cabin-fever jitters and get that imagine flowing with your own in-home entertainment.
6. Make Snow Cream: In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of milk, 1/3 cup of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. Once fully mixed, add fresh, clean snow and mix until it has the texture of ice cream. Top with sprinkles, chocolate syrup, cookie crumbles or your favorite topping.
7. Indoor Snow Play: Your kids can play in the snow and still stay warm. Fill a bin or container with snow from the outside. Add scoopers and other kitchen gadets for simple play or give the kids bottles of colored water so that they can paint the snow. Simply add 5-10 drops of food coloring with water in a spray bottle.
8. Make Slime: What kid doesn't like slime? It's so easy to make with items you typically have at home and it will definitely keep your kids entertained. Click here for how to make super fluffy slime.