Whoops I Forgot a Gift: Last-Minute Christmas Gifts
If you've run out of time and realize that not everyone on your list was checked off, don't stress. With a little creativity, you can come up with a great gift that shows you do care. Don't let "Whoops I forgot a gift!" bring down the day. These hacks help you find a thoughtful solution.
Grocery Store Finds
Many stores offer gift items, but you can find interesting things just by checking out the aisles. For example, you might put together a themed basket with items such as nail polishes, files, remover, and top coats for a friend who loves pampering. Other ideas include:
Last-Minute Gift Ideas for Her
- Lotions and specialty soaps
- Baskets filled with holiday candy
- Scented shower gels and sprays
- Sugar scrubs
Last-Minute Gift Ideas for Him
- Magazines and books
- Beef jerky, assorted snacks, and nuts
- Shaving accessories and lotions
- Mini flashlights, USB keychains, phone chargers
- Movies and popcorn
- Gift cards
You can't go wrong with food — and with no waste and no things sitting around waiting to be re-gifted. Run by Food Lion and grab items to put together these tasty gifts:
- Cheese and Crackers: Grab a variety of cheeses, crackers, and mustards to create a tasty snack basket.
- Coffee Lovers: Choose a variety of coffee beans and tea bags and package them up with a mug.
- Pizza Pizza: Gather ingredients for a homemade pizza; think premade pizza crusts, grated cheese, jarred sauce, and sliced pepperoni.
- Breakfast Basket: Fill tis with specialty oatmeals, pancake mixes, and syrups. Add in muffins and fresh fruit for a gift everyone will enjoy.
Quick DIY gifts are easy to make right in your own kitchen. Whip up hot cocoa gift bags with powdered hot chocolate mix and add in mini marshmallows. Or, put together cookie jars with this easy recipe:
- Mix 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour with 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Layer this into the bottom of a 1-quart mason jar.
- Next, layer in 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar and top with 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips. Seal the jar with its lid.
- Attach a label with baking instructions: Beat 1 egg, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 3/4 cup butter until smooth. Add the powdered cookie mix and stir until everything is well blended. Bake in a 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.