We've all been there. You thought you had checked everyone off your shopping list and finished this year's gift wrapping, but then you realize you forgot someone. Don't stress. With a little creativity, you can come up with a great last-minute Christmas gift that shows you really care without breaking the bank. Don't let "Whoops, I forgot a gift!" feeling bring down the day. These budget-friendly gift ideas will help you find the perfect solution.
Grocery Store Finds
You may be thinking - last-minute Christmas gift ideas at the grocery store? How can it be? In fact, many retail stores offer gift items, but you can find interesting things just by perusing the grocery store aisles. For example, you could put together a themed beauty basket with items suchs as nail polishes, nail files, polish remover, and beauty masks for a friend who loves pampering. But, that's not all you can find at your local Food Lion to spread some holiday cheer. Let's explore some other ideas to make more merry this season.
Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas for Her
Whether you're shopping for a close friend, your mom or maybe your aunt, these gift ideas are sure to put a smile on her face this holiday:
- Lotions & specialty soaps
- Baskets filled with holiday candy
- Scented shower gels and sprays
- Sugar body scrubs
Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas for Him
This holiday season, think past the toolbox and consider these options that you can pick up during your regular grocery run:
- Magazines and books
- Beef jerky, assorted snacks, and nuts
- Shaving accessories and lotions
- Mini flashlights, USB key chains, and phone chargers
- Movies and popcorn
- Gift cards
Let's be honest; when it comes to last-minute Christmas gifts, you can't go wrong with food. After all, who doesn't love a delicious treat? You can put together these tasty gifts simply by stopping into your local Food Lion and picking up a few things:
- Cheese and Cracker Baskets: grab a variety of cheeses, crackers, and mustards to create a tasty snack basket.
- Coffee Lovers Mug: choose a variety of coffee beans and tea bags & package them up in a mug.
- Pizza Packages: gather ingredients for a homemade pizza. Think premade pizza crusts, grated cheese, jarred sauce, and sliced pepperoni. Steer clear of items that need to be refrigerated if you gift might sit under the Christmas tree until the actual holiday.
- Breakfast Baskets: fill a basket with specialty oatmeals, pancake mixes, and syrups.
- Holiday Treats Galore: either pick up ingredients from the baking aisle to make your own holiday cookies, brownies, etc. or select some premade tasty sweets from the bakery to craft a delicious dessert basket or tin.
Quick DIY gifts are easy to make right in your own kitchen. Whip up hot cocoa gift bags with powdered hot chocolate mix and add mini marshmallows. Or, put together cookie jars with this easy recipe:
- Mix 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour with a 3/4 tsp. of baking soda, 3/4 tsp. of salt, and 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Layer this into the bottom of a 1-quart mason jar.
- Next, layer in 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar and top with 1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) of semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or holiday candies. Seal the jar with its lid.
- Attach a label with baking instructions: Beat 1 egg, 3/4 tsp of vanilla, and 3/4 of butter until smooth. Add the powdered cookie mix and stir until everything is well blended. Bake in a 375 degree over for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
And there you have it- last-minute Christmas gifts you can find at the grocery store to check everyone off your list and make more merry this holiday season. To see more gift ideas you can pick up at your local Food Lion, check out our online gift center. You’ll find information about gift cards, flower arrangements and gift basket availability. Happy holidays from your Food Lion family!