Make Autumn Extra Delicious with 5 Seafood Recipes
As if you needed a reason to enjoy mouthwatering ocean fare in the fall, October is National Seafood Month. When you add comforting autumnal flavors to a seafood recipe, you get a bite that warms the soul. From fancy fish recipes to seafood dishes for kids, discover five treats that will make your fall season extra delicious.
1. Fall Fish and Chips: According to Martha Stewart, cod creates yummy fish cakes guaranteed to make the children —and adults — in your house happy. Just blend shredded baked cod with a little mayo, Dijon mustard, breadcrumbs, scallions, and parsley, and fry patties until golden brown. Serve with oven-baked sweet potato fries and ranch dressing for a fall-inspired take on fish and chips.
2. Easy Baked Cod and Veggies: To make this simple one-pan dish from Cotter Crunch, just soak cod filets in your favorite honey mustard vinaigrette and bake atop flavorful fall vegetables. Think chunks of red potatoes and chopped Brussels sprouts, carrots, and celery. Add thin lemon slices, a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, and an array of spices for an autumn dish that makes your taste buds sing.
3. Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Chowder: On a chilly autumn day, few things satisfy the soul like warm chowder. Made from shrimp, bacon, chopped onion, and corn, this chunky soup from the Blond Cook merits a big spoon, and the smoky flavors of minced garlic, dried thyme, paprika, and red pepper flakes offer a very satisfying bite. Serve with warm corn bread for fall eating at its best.
4. Seafood and Veggie Foil Pouches: One of the easiest fall seafood recipes comes from Food Network. Just wrap chopped veggies like bell peppers, asparagus, zucchini, and mushrooms in foil with your favorite fish filet. Add a drizzle of olive oil, a splash of white wine, salt, pepper, herbs, and spices, and cook over a campfire or grill for an earthy and flavorful fall dinner.
5. Grilled Scallops With Balsamic and Herb: For a gourmet-style dinner during the autumn season, try this recipe for grilled scallops flavored with balsamic and herbs from Better Homes and Gardens. Start by marinating scallops in gremolata, a chopped herb condiment made from lemon zest, garlic, and parsley. Wrap marinated scallops with bacon or prosciutto, thread them onto a skewer, and cook them on the grill. For the final touch, drizzle with a balsamic reduction, and serve with crusty rolls and a simple arugula salad.
When you're looking for fall dinner ideas, heart-healthy seafood makes a scrumptious choice. Find more fancy and cheap seafood recipes here.