This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine. About a month ago, I noticed my Food Lion had designated several prime parking spots as Food Lion to Go parking, so when I finally had a weekend at home to try the service, I jumped on it. Y’all, I absolutely loved it! Food Lion to Go is the best thing to happen to grocery shopping since Food Lion itself!
What is Food Lion To Go?
An online service allowing Food Lion customers to fill their virtual carts with grocery essentials and pick them up at their convenience!
How Does Food Lion To Go Work?
Customers visit shop.foodlion.com, select the closest participating store by zipcode and grocery shop virtually by adding items to their cart. When finished shopping, the customer checks out and selects a day and hour window for grocery pick-up. A Food Lion associate will gather your groceries and have them bagged and ready for that pickup time. When customers arrive, they park in the designated spots and the associate will bring the order directly to the car. The service is available seven days a week between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. For orders over $35, the fee is just $1.99!
Food Lion To Go Benenfits
- It saves SO much time, and completely takes the chore out of shopping. What used to be the focal point of your errands is now just that last quick stop you make before heading home. Too busy to leave the house today or you have just one car? No problem. You can order the groceries and have your spouse pick them up on the way home from work. Coming home from vacation? Order some groceries ahead of time and pick them up on the way back from the airport!
- Avoid the crowds. The holiday season and during hurricane threats – those are the two times I despise going grocery shopping. There are carts and people everywhere and many of the staple items I want are already gone by the time I can get to the store. Using Food Lion to Go means I can shop immediately via a Food Lion associate who knows where everything is and can shop quickly. So I can get my choice of products and avoid the crowds and chaos completely.
- Shop for the same Weekly deals, Food Lion favorites and fresh food items at the same low prices you’d pay in-store. When you shop online, it’s just as easy to compare prices between products too!
- Avoid spur-of-the-moment purchases. All those goodies by the register and on the endcaps can’t tempt me if I’m not there. It’s much easier to stick to a list and stay on budget!
- The service works in conjunction with the MVP Rewards + Shop and Earn program.
- Two ways to do your virtual shopping: online or through the Food Lion to Go mobile app.
- Receive text and/or email updates. You’ll be alerted on your order status throughout the process and be sent pick-up instructions. If something is sold out or unavailable, you’ll be notified and asked if you’d like a substitute or a refund. I was also sent an itemized and printable receipt.
- Groceries are stored in a temperature-controlled environment until you arrive.
- There are designated parking spots, and you don’t have to get out of your car at all. An associate will bring your groceries to your car and load them in. All you have to do is head for home!
Food Lion makes it simple and easy to get everything you need to nourish your family affordably while allowing you more time to enjoy life. Check to see if your local Food Lion is offering Food Lion to Go and enjoy Online Shopping with pick up or delivery.
And if you need recipe inspiration, check out these Food Lion Recipes!
About the Writer:
I'm the founder of the popular food, travel and lifestyle blog, Eat Move Make, and a North Carolina mom of two humans and five cats. I love to cook, bake, craft and travel and share all of the above on my blog. I hope to inspire people to try new things and enjoy their favorites in brand new ways.