Ways to Fill Clear Glass Ornaments
Clear, fillable ornaments are versatile and are fun not only for decorating your Christmas tree but also for displaying items throughout the home. Use clear glass ornaments to create personalized decorations and party favors. Use these creative ways to fill glass ornaments and decorate in new ways.
Fun Ways to Decorate the Tree
Create special looks for your tree by filling glass ornaments with a variety of items. This activity is great after Thanksgiving dinner or for holiday parties at school. Stuff ornaments with all kinds of things to make mini globes filled with joy. Some simple things to use as filler include:
- Layered colored sand or sand from the beach mixed with small seashells
- Small candies
- Fresh greenery
- Mini pom poms
Use Paint and Craft Supplies to Create Your Own Ornaments
Break out the paint and glue and get busy. Here are some easy ideas:
- Decorate with paint pens, glitter glue, and sequins to personalize ornaments with names, along with the date of creation.
- Add two or three colors of paint to a bowl of water, creating marbled patterns. Dip clear glass ornaments into the water and pull them out — the paint creates a marbled finish. Add a few drops of contrasting colors inside the ornament and twirl the colors to coat the inside, creating a unique pattern.
- Spray with glue and roll in glitter.
Decorating with Glass Ornaments
These ornaments are great in more places than just the tree:
- Fill a glass vase with clear glass ornaments and add mini twinkly lights, greenery, and ribbon for a one-of-a-kind way to decorate for the season.
- String ornaments on a strand of mini lights and place this on your mantel for holiday glow.
- Fill decorative bowls with fake snow and layer with clear glass ornaments, pinecones, and glittery ribbon.
Using Fillable Glass Ornaments as Favors or for Parties
- Add colored candies and arrange the ornaments at each place setting at the table. Fill other ornaments with hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows to use in a centerpiece with pine boughs.
- Label the ornaments with names and use them as placeholders for guests at your dinner party.
- Funnel in bath salts and add a pretty bow for gifts after a ladies' night out or gift exchange.
- For an amazing presentation, use a funnel to fill glass ornaments with a signature cocktail. Place each ornament in a martini glass for guests to pour and enjoy.
There are no limits to the ways you can use fillable glass ornaments this holiday season. Let your creativity shine through!