Through our Easy, Fresh and Affordable …You Can Count on Food Lion Every Day strategy, we at Food Lion work every day to ensure that our customers can count on us to meet their grocery needs and that our communities can count on us to be their partner in helping to address pressing issues in our local communities.
Food Lion values the contributions of the many volunteer and community groups and organizations that raise funds for important causes in our local communities. To that end, we may allow 501(c)3 charitable organizations who are fundraising for local causes to solicit outside of our stores on Saturdays up to two times per calendar year when Food Lion is not running a charitable campaign.*
To submit a solicitation request online:
- Go to www.foodlion.com
- Click on “In Our Community”
- Click on the “Solicitation Policy” tab
- Once you have read the policy, select “HERE” at the end of the page to reach the application
- The system requests the Charity Registration Number, which is the organization's Tax ID number. It should be entered as xx-xxxxxxx.
The 2015 Solicitation period has expired. Please see the list of dates below to plan and apply for 2016 events.
For 2016, charitable organizations may apply to solicit on these Saturday dates only:
- January 2, 9, 16, 23 or 30
- February 6, 13 or 20
- March 26
- April 2, 9, 16, 23 or 30
- May 7, 14, 21 or 28
- June 4
- July 2, 9, 16, 23 or 30
- August 6, 13, 20 or 28
- September 3 or 10
- October 8, 15, 22 or 29
- Nov 5 or 12
Some additional solicitation guidelines to keep in mind include:
- Solicitations are permitted on Saturdays only. Only one charity can solicit at a store on a given Saturday. Charitable organizations may solicit twice in a calendar year.
- Bake sales, open food or drink, car washes and membership drives are not allowed. Food Lion also strictly prohibits any individual or group from petitioning or distributing any type of literature on our premises.
- Solicitors are not allowed before sunrise or after sunset.
- Solicitation is permitted to the right of the door entrance (facing the store) at least 15 feet from the doorway to enable customers to enter and exit the store comfortably.
- Two solicitors may be present for each approved event. If the event is youth-related, two adults and two children should be present.
- The area of solicitation should be kept neat, clean and professional in appearance. Solicitors should present professional courteous behavior.
Food Lion reserves the right to deny access to any group or person at its discretion or revoke any access provided at the sole discretion of Food Lion management. No person shall unduly interfere with the normal use of our stores, including ingress to and egress from these stores, employees' work and customers' shopping. Further, the person(s) should not interfere with the operation of other businesses that may be located nearby. The Store Manager has the right to deny solicitation if the above procedures are not followed.
Please note all contributions are made at the sole discretion of Food Lion or its charitable foundation, Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation. It is our goal to ensure that all donations from Food Lion are provided to organizations that treat its constituents fairly and with equality, and that these organizations do not discriminate based on gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
To apply to solicit at our stores: click here
*A local Store is described as within a 10 mile radius of the organization's location.