Effective Date: April 24th, 2017
Food Lion, LLC (“Food Lion”) respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information we collect about our customers on FoodLion.com (the “Site”), how we use the information, with whom we share it and the choices available to customers regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
This Privacy Statement applies to the information we collect on the Site. It does not apply to other websites or services provided by Food Lion, Delhaize America, LLC or other affiliated entities. In addition, this Privacy Statement does not apply to the offline data collection and use practices of Food Lion, Delhaize America, LLC or other affiliated entities, such as data collection in a Food Lion store.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information You Provide
- Automated Collection on the Site
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Third Party Analytics Services
- Third-Party Apps, Tools, Widgets and Plug-Ins
- Online Tracking
- Information We Share
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Updates to Our Privacy Statement
- Links to Non-Food Lion Sites and Services
- How to Contact Us
When you visit our Site, you may provide personal information to us in various ways. The types of personal information you may provide include:
- Contact information (such as your name, postal address, email address, or phone number);
- Login credentials;
- Payment card information;
- MVP Card number;
- Preferred Food Lion store location;
- Information about your business or organization, such as your Tax ID number and 501(c)(3) determination letter, if you complete a grant, donation or solicitation application; and
- Other personal information contained in content you submit, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or your posts on our recipe pages.
Automated Collection on the Site
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A web beacon (also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Site.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain described above to:
- Provide products and services to you, such as allow you to submit and save recipes;
- Administer your participation in a survey, contest, promotion or other program offered on the Site;
- Create and manage your MVP Card account, such as by loading coupons to your account;
- Facilitate your purchase of a Food Lion gift card;
- Send you newsletters and other communications if you sign up to receive them;
- Offer you coupons based on your shopping history;
- Help you locate a Food Lion store;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Evaluate and respond to your grant, donation and solicitation applications; or
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
We may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. In addition, we use the information collected by automated means for purposes such as:
- Customizing our customers’ visits to the Site;
- Delivering content tailored to our consumers’ interests and the manner in which our consumers browse the Site; and
- Managing our Site and other aspects of our business.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third party analytics services on our Site, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of the Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Third-Party Apps, Tools, Widgets and Plug-Ins
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on the Site, such as the Facebook “Like” button, Google+ button and third-party sign-in and registration tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. Food Lion is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
You may see our ads on other websites based on your visits to the Site because we engage in retargeting. For example, if you view the Recipe Portal on the Site, you may see an advertisement for Food Lion on a related third-party website. Our retargeting is administered by third-party vendors that track your activity on the Site and third-party sites via automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. Accordingly, we and our third-party vendors may collect information about our visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites. To learn about how to opt out of retargeting, click here.
This Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
Information We Share
We do not disclose personal information we obtain about you, except as described in this Privacy Statement. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and with our joint marketing partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
We also may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that assist us in:
- Administering the MVP Card program;
- Responding to your requests;
- Delivering customized promotions and advertising to you; and
- Performing statistical analyses of our services.
In addition, we may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or if we believe such action is necessary to comply with legal process served on Foodlion.com. If information received is harmful, obscene, threatening, criminal or has criminal implications, we reserve the right to use, disseminate, or store this information as we deem appropriate in our sole and absolute discretion.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
You may at any time ask us to stop sending you emails or other communications. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as described in the How To Contact Us section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide through the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices. Changes to the Privacy Statement will be posted on this page. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website indicating at the top of the Statement when it was most recently updated.
Links to Non-Food Lion Sites and Services
For your convenience and information, our Site may provide links to non-Food Lion sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with Food Lion. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices for any non-Food Lion sites, apps or services.
How to Contact Us
To update your preferences, please visit the "My Profile" section in the "My MVP Account" page on the Site. In addition, you can update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailings lists, submit a request or ask us questions about this Privacy Statement by calling us at 1-800-210-9569. You also may send us an email using the "Contact Us" section of the Site, or write to:
Attn: Customer Relations
P.O. Box 1330
Salisbury, NC 28145-1330