Food Lion ASSOCIATES SUBMIT A Recipe SWEEPSTAKES
No Purchase or Payment Necessary To Enter Or Win This SWEEPSTAKES. Purchasing Anything Will Not Improve Your Chances of Winning. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. all federal, state, and local laws apply. Each individual (the ‘Entrant’) must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the entry date of the SWEEPSTAKES.
1. Timing: The Food Lion Associates Submit a Recipe Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes” or, “Promotion”) is presented by Food Lion, LLC (“Sponsor” or, “Food Lion”) and administered by US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Co. ("Sweepstakes Administrator"). The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on Monday, May 4, 2015, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on Friday, May 22, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is not open to the general public. Eligible participants must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of one of the following states; DE, GA, KY, MD, NC, PA, SC, TN, VA, or WV, and the District of Columbia (DC), and currently employed full time or part time by Food Lion. Additional eligibility requirements are provided in these Official Rules. Officers and directors of the Sponsor, and any of their respective parents, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, their advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies (including the Independent Sweepstakes Administrator), and any individual or entity directly involved in this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as any of the immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as any of the aforementioned (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Sweepstakes Entry: There are two methods of entry.
At the completion of the entry form there may be an option for an entrant to opt-in to become a subscriber to Food Lion’s e-newsletter (the “Shoppers’ Companion”). An entrant is not required to opt-in to subscribe to Shoppers’ Companion to receive an online entry into the Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes and choosing to check the “opt-in” box for Shoppers’ Companion you are agreeing to receive Food Lion’s online newsletter Shoppers’ Companion via the email address you provided on the form until you choose to unsubscribe. Opting-in to become a Shopper’s Companion subscriber will not improve an entrant’s chance of winning a prize.
All Online Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
· Content cannot contain material that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
· Content cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive.
· Content cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
· Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
· Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people or companies.
· Content cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
· Content cannot contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses, photographs or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
· Content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
· Content cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
· Content cannot in any way reference persons or organizations without written permission from any person or organization whose name or likeness is used.
· Content may not violate the right of privacy or publicity of any person.
· Sponsor reserves the right in their sole and absolute discretion to reject, disqualify and/or remove any Recipe Entry that violates these Official Rules without any notification or warning.
By submitting an Online Entry, Entrant (or parent/legal guardian if potential winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence) warrants and represents that: (a) it is the Entrant’s original work and has been legally created; (b) it has not been previously published or distributed in any media; (c) it has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; (d) it does not, nor will its publication on any media, infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (e) that Entrant has obtained written permission from any person whose name or likeness is used in the Entry; (f) if Entrant is a minor, written permission must be granted by the Entrant’s parent/legal guardian; (g) Entrant owns all rights to the Entry, including without limitation, copyrights, and must transfer all rights for usage to the Sponsor if and as requested (or, if Entrant is a minor, the parent/legal guardian of Entrant must transfer all rights of usage); and (h) Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and Sponsor’s related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Entry, or Entrant’s conduct in creating the Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes.
By participating, Entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, Recipe, hometown, photograph or image for future advertising and publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes in any and all media without additional compensation, notification or permission.
In the event of a dispute, Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address from which the Entry is submitted. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
An Entry made by any other individual or entity that is not the person named on the submitted Entry or made in any manner inconsistent with these Official Rules will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Sweepstakes.
Recipe specifics: Each recipe may only be submitted by an Entrant one time throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
The Entry may contain or specify products from Food Lion’s family of store-branded products as an ingredient. Use of the Sponsor’s products in a recipe does not increase your chance of winning.
Each Entry must be original, unpublished, tested in your home kitchen, and may not have won any recipe contest.
Each Entry must be submitted by one person.
Each Entry must list each recipe ingredient in exact common U.S. household measurement units, recipe must be detailed with step-by-step instructions in English, including the type and/or size of bake ware and include the cooking/baking time and temperature (if applicable).
Each Entry must not specify any branded product other than Food Lion’s family of store brand products. Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator reserve the right either disqualify the Entry, or at their sole discretion, remove the brand name or trademark from the recipe and replace with a generic name ingredient or product or with a product from the Sponsor’s private label brands prior to displaying without notice to the Entrant or approval from the Entrant.
Recipe ingredients must be readily available at a Food Lion store.
Entrant agrees that if his/her Entry is contested in any manner for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator may disqualify the contested Entry and discontinue use of the Entry without notification.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you grant the Sponsor the right to edit, adapt, copyright and publish any or all recipe entries and to use these entries in any media form or in any manner without attribution or further compensation. Entries will not be acknowledged nor returned. If selected for testing, recipes may be modified to meet Sponsor’s nutrition guidelines.
Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator will review all Online Entries to ensure adherence to the Official Rules. Any Online Entry that does not comply with the Official Rules will be disqualified.
B. Mail-in Method of Entry: To enter without an online entry and without becoming a MVP Card holder, hand-print on a piece of paper your complete name, address, city, state, postal code, daytime phone number, and email address if you have one. Mail each entry in separate envelope with first class postage affixed, to: Food Lion Associates Submit a Recipe Sweepstakes, 625 Panorama Trail (Suite 2100), Rochester, NY 14625- 2437. Each entry must be in a separate hand addressed envelope, postmarked by May 22, 2015 and received by May 29, 2015. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries are permitted. There is no limit to the number of mail-in entries an entrant may submit. No mechanically reproduced entries will be permitted. You may use the mail-in option as often as you like, but each entry must be hand-printed and mailed separately. Neither Sponsor nor Sweepstakes Administrator assume any responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, damaged, misdirected or postage-due mailed entries.
4. Prize Drawings & Notifications:
Daily Prize Drawings and Notification: There are nineteen (19) daily drawing periods throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Each day, beginning Monday, May 11, 2015 and ending, Friday, May 29, 2015, twenty-five (25) winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-winning entries received for the corresponding online and mail-in entries received for that daily drawing period (each, a “Daily Drawing”). Non-winning entries will be rolled over to subsequent Daily Drawings. Daily Prizes will be sent to the address on the entry form or new address provided via email within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of close of Sweepstakes.
First, Second, Third and Grand Prize Drawings and Notifications: One (1) First Prize winner, one (1) Second Prize winner, one (1) Third Prize winner, and one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a series of random drawings taking place on or about Friday, May 29, 2015, from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
First, Second, and Third Prize winners will be notified via email and/or phone and will be requested to confirm their mailing address within 48 hours via return email. First, Second, and Third Prizes will be sent to the address provided by each respective winner on his or her entry form or to the new address provided via email within four (4) to six (6) weeks following verification of each winner.
The Grand Prize Winner will be confirmed via email and/or phone, and will be required to sign and return, within ten (10) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Waiver and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, "the Releases") and a W-9 Form. The Grand Prize will be awarded within four (4) to six (6) weeks following verification of the winner.
If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, if a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these rules that winner will be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Non-winning entrants will not be notified.
If a winner is otherwise eligible under these Official Rules, but is nevertheless deemed a minor in his or her state of primary residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of winner's parent or legal guardian who will be required to execute and return Affidavit/Release on minor’s behalf.
5. Prize Details, Prize Conditions & Odds: TOTAL Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes is $13,725.
There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of a $1,000 Food Lion Gift Card. ARV of the Grand Prize is $1,000. Additionally, the Lion’s Pride Foundation will donate $1,000 to an eligible non-profit Food Pantry located in the Grand Prize winner’s hometown.
There is one (1) First Prize consisting of a $500 Food Lion Gift Card. The ARV of the First Prize is $500.
There is one (1) Second Prize consisting of a $250 Food Lion Gift Card. The ARV of the Second Prize is $250.
There is one (1) Third Prize consisting of a $100 Food Lion Gift Card. The ARV of the Third Prize is $100.
There are four hundred seventy-five (475) Daily Prizes available to be won, twenty-five (25) for each day during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Daily Prize will consist of a $25 Food Lion Gift Card (ARV: $25). Limit of one Daily Prize per person. The ARV of all Daily Prizes to be won is: $11,875.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received in each respective drawing period.
Limit: One Daily Prize per person.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes are non-assignable or transferable. No substitution is permitted except if prize is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. No cash in lieu of prizes and no exchange or substitution of prizes, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility. In no event shall more prizes be awarded than the number stated in the “Prizes” section above, and fewer may be awarded if insufficient qualified entries are received. Each prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes. Winners may be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission from the winner to the Sponsor and its agents to use such winner’s name and/or likeness or a modified name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes related to the Sweepstakes, other sweepstakes and their status as winners, in Sponsor’s and/or its agents’ sole discretion, worldwide, in perpetuity, in all forms of media whether now known or hereafter devised, without prior authorization from and without further compensation to or approval from Winner, except where prohibited by law. Gift Cards have no cash value and cannot be used to purchase alcohol, tobacco or lottery tickets. Prize winner must accept the prize as stated or prize may be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Gift Card prizes are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift cards are subject to the issuing company’s terms and conditions, including expiration dates. Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other entities affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered. Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded.
Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Ineligible prize winners' prizes and/or undeliverable prizes will not be awarded, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize. Winner may be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law.
7. Legal Notices: By entering this Sweepstakes, all Entrants agree to abide by the Official rules, the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator and to release and hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from any and all claims and liability with respect to the conduct, administration and execution of the Sweepstakes. Winners and participants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize offered, or participation in this Sweepstakes, including any travel related thereto or participation in any prize related events. Entrant hereby assigns his/her intellectual property rights to Sponsor to use the recipes in any media, including on the Internet, for commercial, editorial, or any other purpose whatsoever, without compensation, except where not allowable. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Sweepstakes Rules, promotional materials, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any Sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
8. Warranties, Assignments and Transfer of Rights: In consideration of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant unconditionally and irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor and any of Sponsor’s Partners/Representatives the right, title and interest in and to the recipe, including without limitation, the copyright and other rights therein. Upon Sponsor’s request entrant will execute any documents necessary to effectuate such ownership of recipe to Sponsor. Entrant agrees and acknowledges for the avoidance of doubt, by entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant does grant, and has the permission to grant Sponsor the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, edit, modify, and otherwise exploit the recipe in any way, in any and all markets, in any and all media, now known, or hereafter devised without limitation and without notice or consideration. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she is authorized to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that its reproduction, publishing, displaying and/or other use or exploitation of his/her recipe submitted will not infringe on any rights of any third party, entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and Sweepstakes Administrator from any claims made to the contrary. If an entrant submits a recipe that is copyrighted by another individual, it will be the sole responsibility of that entrant for any legal action the legal copyright holder may take against Entrant, Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator; Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator assume no liability for any such action. Entrant grants to Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator the unlimited right to edit and publish the recipe associated with Entrant’s recipe submission with or without credit and without compensation, unless prohibited by law, in any and all means, devices, processes, and technology, and in all language and in all media, now known or hereafter invented, contemplated or devised, including without limitation, the internet, television, film, video cassettes, video discs, and other audio-video devices, and radio broadcast and print publications for advertising, promotional, regulatory compliance and/or other purposes related to the Sweepstakes without notice to Entrant and without compensation or obligation.
9. LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Official Rules Request: To request a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://bit.ly/RecipeRules, or send a self-addressed, business-size, stamped envelope (no later than May 29, 2015), to: The Food Lion Associates Submit a Recipe Sweepstakes, Rules Request, P.O. Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
11. Winners List: For a hard copy of the official Winner's List, send a self-addressed, business-size, stamped envelope (after May 29, 2015, but no later than July 31, 2015), to: The Food Lion Associates Submit a Recipe Sweepstakes, Winners Request, P.O. Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
12. Independent Sweepstakes Administrator: The US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, 625 Panorama Trail (Suite 2100), Rochester, NY 14625, an independent agent of the Sponsor who will oversee the fair administration of the Promotion, and the awarding of all prizes. All decisions made by Sweepstakes Administrator will be considered final and binding.
13. Independent Sweepstakes Administrator: The US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, 625 Panorama Trail (Suite 2100), Rochester, NY 14625, an independent agent of the Sponsor who will oversee the fair administration of the Promotion, and the awarding of all prizes. All decisions made by Sweepstakes Administrator will be considered final and binding.
14. Sponsor: Food Lion, LLC, 2110 Executive Drive, Salisbury, NC 28147.
15. Void outside of DE, GA, KY, MD, NC, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV, and the District of Columbia (DC), in Puerto Rico, and wherever else prohibited.
©2015 Food Lion, LLC