Local Goodness is like going to your neighborhood farmer's market—that's available every day in your local Food Lion. Pick up a little of what makes North Carolina special, all throughout the store. Get juicy strawberries, plump tomatoes, sweet potatoes, 100% whole grain granola, and more—all from local farmers and makers in your community.
When you buy local, you buy food that's fresher and better—while supporting your local community.
NORTH CAROLINA FARMS
China Grove, NC
- Providing our customers with the highest quality produce, plants and service at a competitive price.
- Committed to continuous improvement and involvement to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Grows about 45 acres of strawberries each year.
Patterson Farm provides these fresh products:
- Burch Farms volunteers pick, sort, and deliver over 5 million pounds of fruits and vegetables to food banks, churches, and other partners annually to feed the hungry.
- Dedicated to sustainability practices like conservation and preservation to ensure that farm land is available for generations to come.
Burch Farms provides these fresh products:
Center Store Items
MT. OLIVE PICKLE
MOUNT OLIVE, NC
- Maintains a strong commitment to serving local food banks and charities throughout Eastern and Central North Carolina with volunteerism and donations.
- One of the first companies in the U.S. to offer a profit sharing plan for employees.
Mt. Olive provides these fresh products:
Four Oaks, NC
- Grinds their cornmeal the old fashioned way using large grinding stones. The result is hearty texture and rich flavor.
- Locally sources many of their ingredients to maintain their authentic southern flavor while strengthening their local community.
House-Autry provides this delicious product:
- Founded in 1917, L.D. Peeler created a secret recipe using a unique cherry flavoring and added an extra jolt of carbonation.
- Named the "Nectar of North Carolina", Cheerwine's secret recipe pairs perfectly with BBQ pork – no matter what sauce.
Cheerwine provides this delicious product:
BIG BOSS BAKING
High Point, NC
- Founded on the mission to bake the best tasting 100% whole grain granola made with real, simple, "good-for-you" ingredients.
- Supports the local community by sponsoring events like the Susan G. Komen Foundation's Race for a Cure®.
Big Boss Baking provides this delicious product:
- Locally sources milled wheat flour and other ingredients to maintain their authentic, homemade taste.
- Committed to protecting the local environment through sustainability practices like water conservation and the use of recyclable materials.
Anne's provides this delicious product:
BUFFALOE MILLING COMPANY, INC.
- Family owned since 1950, sources all their corn from local farmers to maintain an authentic texture and flavor.
- Supports local churches and other non-profits like the Salvation Army to help those in need in their community.
Buffaloe Milling Company provides these delicious products:
- A unique blend, unexpectedly made with a sweet potato base and a secret concoction of spices to create a zesty topping for chicken, beans, burgers, and more.
- Their "Carolina Collaborations" with local companies like Cheerwine®, bring you Cackalacky Sweet Cheerwine Sauce and other delicious pairings.
Cackalacky provides these delicious products:
Rose Hill, NC
- Grows, bottles, and sells their award winning wine that's made with sweet muscadine grapes.
- Strives to make a difference in their local community by supporting many non-profits like the Fisher House and Operation Homefront, which support our military.
Duplin Winery provides these delicious products:
GEORGE'S BBQ SAUCE
- Locally sources many of their ingredients and remains one of the few barbecue sauce companies to still cook, bottle, and label their product by hand.
- Proudly supports many local non-profits like events and mission projects that benefit those in need in their local community of Nashville, North Carolina.
George's BBQ Sauce provides this delicious product:
LE BLEU WATER
- Uses their "five steps beyond Mother Nature" process to create uniquely pure water that's perfectly balanced and fresh tasting.
- Supports relief efforts locally, as well as regionally, by donating thousands of gallons of bottled water to those in need.
Le Bleu Water provides this delicious product:
LINDY'S ITALIAN ICE
- Began in 1998, when "Lucky Lindy" started crafting his family's secret Italian ice recipes using fresh fruit and selling cups from a street cart in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Still made in small batches so you get that authentic Italian ice texture that's bursting with refreshing flavor.
Lindy's Italian Ice provides these fresh products:
- Supports a different local community, animal, or environmental need each month through the "Craft Happiness IPA Project".
- Provides left over grain from the brewing process to local cattle farmers for a healthier alternative to traditional cattle feed.
Foothills Brewing provides this delicious product:
HIGHLAND BREWING COMPANY
- Handcrafted using the highest quality hops and grains to achieve a well-balanced and consistent flavor—every time.
- Family owned since 1994, focuses strongly on sustainability practices and now maintains the third largest solar panel array of any craft brewery in the country.
Highland Brewing Company provides this delicious product:
LONERIDER BREWING COMPANY
- Award winning craft beer made from fresh and unique ingredients create surprising and unexpected flavors.
- Since opening their doors in 2009, donated over $500,000 to many local non-profits, like the Holt Brothers Foundation, to help those in need in their community.
Lonerider Brewing Company provides this delicious product: