With Local Goodness, you get produce that's grown and harvested right in your local Virginia community. It's like taking a trip to your local farmer's market with the convenience of just stopping by your local Food Lion. Get seasonal sweet corn, crisp apples, squash, and more—every day at affordable prices.
Because when you buy local, you're getting food that's fresher and better.
ASHBURN SAUCE COMPANY
Virginia Beach, VA
- For more than a decade, Ashburn Sauce Company has been a leading manufacturer of cocktail mixers and sauces in the Virginia Beach community.
- A premier co-packing facility, Ashburn fulfills dreams by manufacturing for VA chefs, providing local food enthusiasts with an expanding line of award-winning products.
- Boasts a consistent, uncompromising commitment to quality throughout the entire production process to deliver the wonderful experience that food can provide when 'done right.'
Ashburn Sauce Company provides these delicious products:
Sassy Mary Mix
Crabby Mary Mix
Porky Mary Mix
Premium BBQ Sauce
Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce
- Blanchard’s story began in 2005 when Founder, David Blanchard, roasted his first batch of coffee in his father’s garage with the intention to share with family and friends.
- Strives to create a culture of intent based on how they source coffees and the relationships they build with farmers and producers.
- Honors each coffee’s story with a commitment to sustainability in the global coffee community through responsible sourcing, stewardship and thoughtful roasting.
Blanchard's provides these delicious products:
- The largest independently owned cider company in VA.
- Made from apples sourced within 35 miles of their cidery in Nelson County.
- Crafted using a sustainable cidermaking process.
Bold Rock provides this delicious product:
The BS Grillin' Company
- Made with fresh, local ingredients including hand-cut fruits and veggies, BS Grillin’ is dedicated to creating the best barbeque sauces and gourmet relishes formulated without additives, preservatives and artificial ingredients.
- Uses simple, authentic ingredients and sustainable business practices to craft gourmet barbecue sauces you can feel good about sharing with your friends, family and neighbors.
The BS Grillin' Company provides these delicious products:
Blazin' Pepper Relish
Sweet Zucchini Relish
Kickin' Pineapple BBQ Sauce
Smokin' Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Bubba's Sweet Nectar
- A Central Virginia-based company started by two registered nurses and ran by four generations of bee keepers, Bubba's Sweet Nectar delivers honey straight from the honeycomb with no additives, preservatives, colors, dyes or flavorings.
- Nourishes their local community with their hives – an intricate part of the world’s food chain affecting flowers, plants and vegetables alike.
- Supports local school programs and businesses through special partnerships and collaboration.
- Promotes the importance of honey and bee keeping through networking and information sharing events.
Bubba's Sweet Nectar provides this delicious product:
- Founded in 1887, Sauer's is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated company, whose plant on Broad Street fills the Richmond community with the tantalizing smells of its many spices, seasonings and extracts.
- Much like the Sauers themselves, multiple generations of families have worked for the company, some for more than 20 years.
- Proudly donates product to Feed More Food Bank to help fight hunger in Central Virginia.
- Donates volunteer time to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond by preparing meals for families at the house.
Sauer's provides these delicious products:
Crushed Red Pepper
- A third-generation wine-making tradition in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Chateau produces uniquely flavorful red, white and fruit wines.
- Reduces energy consumption by stabilizing tanks during the colder months of the year so that it takes less energy to reduce the tank’s temperature enough to stabilize the fermentation process.
- Composts, recycles and utilizes architectural design elements including structural insulating panels for a high-efficiency thermal membrane and high perimeter windows for natural lighting.
- Chateau’s cellar is built with reclaimed timber and is one of the largest reclaimed timber structures in America.
- Donates generously to Humane Societies throughout VA, provides scholarships to deserving high school seniors in their community and supports many other local causes.
Chateau Morrisette provides these delicious products:
Our Dog Blue
The Black Dog
Red Mountain Laurel
Sweet Mountain Laurel
CHOCK FULL O’ NUTS
- Roasted and packaged in Suffolk, VA, Chock Full O’ Nuts has been creating smooth-roasted blends made from 100% Arabica coffee beans for almost 100 years.
- Partners with the Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters for their annual Radiothon providing a team of volunteers to operate the phone bank and take donations.
- Supports the troops by sending coffee to those deployed all over the world.
- Founder William Black started the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation in 1957 when his accountant and best friend was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Packages products in an infinitely recyclable steel can and uses single serve pods that have 35% less plastic than traditional hard-shell cups.
Chock Full 'O Nuts provides this delicious product:
Medium Roast Coffee
DEVILS BACKBONE BREWING
- Develops their own unique recipes and uses fresh hops to create award-winning, vibrant flavors.
- Maintains a small environmental footprint through recycling, water reduction and solar energy projects.
- Achieved a 20% reduction in barrel of water to barrel of beer ratio.
- Donates $1 per case of Trail Angel Weiss to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and $1 per case of Striped Bass Pale Ale to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation to help conserve their local environment.
- Launched Heartland Initiative, a philanthropic effort that serves their local community through special programs and partnerships.
Devil's Backbone Brewing provides this delicious product:
GUNNOE'S COUNTRY SAUSAGE
- Offers premium cuts which are seasoned with a secret blend of spices and sent to stores within days of being made.
- Committed to providing food and other resources to relief organizations like Gleaning for the World and other local charities.
Gunnoe's Country Sausage provides this fresh product:
HARDYWOOD Park Craft Brewery
- Brewed with local ingredients, renewable energy and a whole lot of passion for the craft.
- Sources locally for their Virginia Roots Series beers and many others as often as possible, using more than 100,000 pounds of VA farm ingredients since 2011.
- Named Virginia Green Brewery of the Year in 2015, Hardywood was the first brewery in VA powered entirely by renewable energy, including solar, biomass and wind through the Dominion Virginia Green Power Program.
- Works with local farms to reuse spent grain as compost and feed.
- Brews several beers in support of organizations dedicated to environmental awareness and protection.
- Donates hundreds of hop rhizomes each year to participants in the Hardywood Community Hopping Project.
- Hosts dozens of events each year to promote the arts and raise funds for worthy causes.
- Gives back to their community with over $300,000 contributed directly to local nonprofit organizations.
Hardywood Park Craft Brewery provides this delicious product:
- Made from responsibly sourced ingredients, including grass-fed beef that’s raised humanely without hormones or antibiotics.
- A group of pioneering farmers for the 21st century, Landcrafted is an independently-owned-and-operated business on a mission to bring economic sustainability back to local family farmers.
- Dedicated to sustaining and serving their farms and community by producing foods that are good for the land and the people who enjoy them.
Landcrafted provides these fresh products:
100% Grass-Fed Beef Sticks
LOOSE LEAF TEA COMPANY
- A family-owned business from the hills of Central Virginia, Loose Leaf Tea Co produces hand-crafted teas in a Vintage Airstream.
- All of Loose Leaf’s tea is Fair Trade Certified which reduces poverty, encourages environmentally friendly production methods and safeguards humane working conditions.
Loose Leaf Tea Company provides these delicious products:
Newport News, VA
- Maola’s farmer-owner families have been nourishing local communities with fresh, wholesome dairy goodness since 1920.
- Provides cows with comfortable bedding, proper nutrition and well-ventilated space to shelter them from the elements.
- Participates in the National Dairy FARM (Farmers Assuring Responsible Management) Program, which ensures that they are up to date with the best farm management practices and animal care guidelines available.
- Many Maola farms compost and are engaged in environmental sustainability practices like resource management and soil and water conservation efforts. Some even have digesters to convert farm waste to electricity.
- Supplies fresh Maola milk to several VA food banks and is committed to supporting youth education causes and non-profit organizations.
Maola provides these delicious products:
O’CONNOR BREWING COMPANY
- A family business raised in the community where it was founded, O’Connor is deeply connected to their community.
- Sources only natural ingredients of the highest quality to brew a uniquely balanced, fresh-tasting beer.
- Holds several fundraisers a week for a variety of causes and sponsors many local non-profit organizations like the Virginia Zoo, the VA Aquarium and their local Children’s Hospital.
O'Conner Brewing Company provides this delicious product:
El Guapo Agave IPA
Falls Church, VA
- Gained popularity at neighborhood barbeques and school fundraisers.
- Works with a local co-packer that sources local ingredients and produces in small batches using energy-efficient technology.
- Donates to the Falls Church Education Foundation which supports literacy and numeracy for at-risk students in local schools during the summer.
Oh Mercy provides this delicious product:
Oak Grove, VA
- Began as a small "pick-your-own" operation in 1974, and since expanding, now uses state-of-the-art transportation and cooling methods to bring that freshly picked freshness to you.
- Committed to supporting the Northern Neck Food Bank and also awards a $10,000 a year scholarship to students who pursue an education in agriculture.
Parker Farms provides this fresh product:
- A women-owned and operated family business since 1982, Pasta Valente is a naturally plant-based pasta made in the shadow of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville, VA.
- Rolled, cut, air-dried and hand-packed in a single-allergen facility using a recipe that’s been passed down through generations.
Pasta Valente provides these delicious products:
Garlic Parsley Fettuccine
- Founded by a 26-year Navy veteran, Rodgers’ Pudding carries on the banana-pudding-inspired legacy of the owner’s mother, Polly.
- Started a non-profit, Divine Destiny, to show appreciation to Purple Heart recipients from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
- Participates in charitable community events like the Virginia Peninsula Tastefully Yours and the Great American Food Fest.
- Rodgers' Pudding's items are Non-GMO Project Verified and Kosher Certified.
Rodgers' Pudding provides these delicious products:
Banana Pudding Filling
SAN-J ASIAN SAUCES
- Brewed for up to 6 months from 100% soy beans, Tamari Soy Sauce has been family-owned for 8 generations.
- Recycles paper and cardboard and uses automatic lights and sinks throughout their facility to conserve electricity.
- Donates volunteer time to Broad Appetite to benefit Feed More Food Bank, contributes food donations to Feed More, is a member of the VA Chamber of Commerce, sponsors The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center and donates product to various Celiac groups and fundraisers in the U.S.
San-J Asian Sauces provides these delicious products:
STARR HILL BREWERY
- A pioneer of Virginia’s craft beer movement, Starr Hill is the second oldest brewery in the state.
- $1 for every pint sold in Starr Hill Tap Rooms is donated to local non-profits, including environmental organizations like Wild Virginia and the Shenandoah National Park Trust.
- Committed to being a green facility, Starr Hill has reduced their water use by over 1 million gallons since 2014 and provides spent grain from the brewing process to local farms to feed cattle.
Starr Hill Brewery provides these delicious products:
Grateful Pale Ale
Front Row Golden Ale
Northern Lights IPA
Summer Tour Variety Pack
TURKEY KNOB GROWERS
- Supports the Capital Area Food Bank and its fundraisers in Washington D.C. to help bring food to those in need.
- For over four generations, they've grown their crops in mineral rich soils of the Shenandoah Valley mountain ranges that give their produce its extraordinary flavor and quality.
Turkey Knob Growers provides this fresh product:
Honey Crisp Apples
WHITE HOUSE FOODS
- From tiny seeds to mighty trees, the apples that go into family-owned White House Foods have been cultivated with care in the Shenandoah Valley since 1908.
- Partnered with several organizations, including the State of West Virginia, to turn land previously used for coal mining into apple orchards.
- Donated to a local family who lost their home in a fire, gave a terminally ill father and his son tickets to the Super Bowl and helped build a new Cancer Center at their local hospital through fundraising events.
- Helps teens who have aged out of the foster system get a higher-level education and hosts plant tours for local schools.
White House Foods provides these delicious products:
White Distilled Vinegar
WILD BILL'S JERKY
- Wild Bill's Beef Jerky is full of rich hickory smoke flavor that’s hand-strung the old-fashioned way.
- Recycles as much paper, plastic and other materials as possible with the ultimate goal of zero landfill deposits while continually striving to develop more sustainable products, packaging and materials to minimize their carbon footprint.
- Sponsors many local events and donates product to local charities, churches and organizations, with a focus on children’s charities.
Wild Bill's Jerky provides this delicious product:
Mason Jar Jerky
- Cultivated in the rich history of colonial Virginia, Williamsburg Winery is family-owned and has received ten 90+ ratings from Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate since its start in 1985.
- Over 200 acres of Williamsburg Winery’s 300-acre farm are held in conservation and will never be developed for commercial use.
- An active participant in the Virginia Oyster Trail dedicated to oyster reef restoration of the Chesapeake Bay, every oyster shell collected at the winery is recycled and used to promote oyster growth in the Chesapeake Bay.
- A proud supporter of the Williamsburg Hospice House for over a decade.
Williamsburg Winery provides this delicious product:
Governor's White Wine
Product availability varies by store.