- 2 minutes
- 8 minutes
Whip up a batch of everyone's favorite mac and cheese in just 10 minutes. Savory, creamy cheese mixed with your favorite elbow pasta that's perfect for any Thanksgiving feast.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to the package directions in a large pot of boiling salted water, about 7-8 minutes.
- Bring milk and butter to a simmer, over medium heat in a large saucepan. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Add the cornstarch mixture into the warmed milk. Stir often with a wooden spoon as the mixture thickens, to prevent burning. Cook until slightly thickened.
- Add salt, black pepper and mustard. Remove from the heat and add the shredded cheese.
- Drain the macaroni and pour over the cheese sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve in bowls and top with Ritz cracker crumbs if desired.