- 30 Minutes
- 1 Hour
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface. Unroll the pie crusts and stack on top of each other. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to a 15x20 inch rectangle. Transfer to a 13x18 inch sheet pan and press into the pan so that the dough hangs slightly over the edge.
- Crimp the edges of the pie and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the apple filling, mix the apples, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon and orange zest in a large bowl. Set aside.
- For the crumb topping, whisk together the remaining 1 cup of flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Using your fingers or two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the butter becomes pea-sized pieces. Set aside.
- For the pumpkin filling, whisk the eggs and the remaining 2/3 cup of granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Add the pumpkin and mix to combine. Whisk in the evaporated milk and pumpkin pie spice.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator. Pour the apple filling into half of the pie crust. Pour the pumpkin filling into the other half of the pie crust. Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apple filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the crumb topping is golden and the pumpkin pie is almost set.
Recipe Tip: Use the fourth (extra) pie crust to decorate the edge of the pumpkin pie. Use a small cookie cutter, such as a leaf cutter, to cut out pie dough and layer it around the edge of the pie. Brush with egg wash before baking.
Substitute: If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, use 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and a pinch of ground cloves.