- 5 minutes
- 4 to 6
- Melt the butter with the oil in a 10-inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic; stir for 30 seconds or until aromatic but not browned.
- Stir in the chicken broth, milk, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add the penne and reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the artichoke hearts and the Parmesan. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Transfer to a serving bowl or to individual serving plates. Garnish with additional Parmesan, spinach leaves, and pepper.