- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
A lovely blend of cheesy flavors makes this marinara sauce a special treat for a dinner for two.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the onion until softened.
- Add the marinara sauce and then stir in the garlic powder, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stirring frequently, simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Add in the cheeses and continue cooking, stirring frequently as the cheeses melt together.
- Add the sugar.
- If the mixture gets too thick, add a little water.
- Before serving, stir in the penne pasta and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley and extra Parmesan and/or mozzarella if desired.