- 20 minutes
- 6 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place parchment along a baking sheet.
Add baking mixture in a bowl.
- Rapidly cut butter into the mix by hand, or using a pastry cutter or a fork, until the size of small peas.
- Add in sour cream, lemon zest, and berries.
Mix in ice-cold 7UP® – blend will be somewhat wet.
- Dust flour on a work surface and place the mixture on it; add a dash of baking mix if too wet.
- Lightly pat or roll out until it is roughly 1-inch thick.
Cut into cubes or circles using a 3-4-inch circle cutter.
- Place on a set baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and fluffy.
To make the berry jam, put 7UP® and mixed berries in a heavy-bottomed pan, and bring to a boil.
- Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla bean.
Turned the heat down to medium-low, and simmer until berries fall apart and blend thickens.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool; pour into a Mason jar and seal it with a lid.
- Jam will hold for 2 weeks in refrigerator.
Add jam to a biscuit, and add a dollop of cream, along with fresh berries, and mint.