- 1 hour
As colorful as they are tasty! With a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough filling, too? These Egg Truffles are the perfect Easter treat.
- Combine butter and sugar, in a bowl, on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until evenly mixed. Make sure to beat well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts/pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to handle (about one hour)
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls by rolling a spoonful in the palm of your hand. The dough will be sticky so coat hands in flour. This makes rolling easier.
- Then shape dough balls into egg shapes (they look much better flat).
- You can also roll the dough out to desired thickness, on a floured surface (about 1/2 inch thickness) and use egg shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm again.
- Following the instructions on bag, melt the candy melts.
- Dip the cookie dough egg truffles 3-4 at a time into the chocolate, shake off excess and place on parchment paper. Let harden for about 15 minutes
- Re-melt remaining candy melts. Place in small baggies and cut a small hole in a corner. Carefully drizzle fun designs over truffles.
- Store in refrigerator and serve cold or they can be frozen for longer storage time.