- 20 minutes
- 12 minutes
- 8 to 10 cookies
These festive Christmas cookie stacks are not only delicious, but also a family-friendly dessert that your kids will love to help make.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, the sugar, and the vanilla. Stir in the flour.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of ¼-inch. Using scallop-edged cookie cutters, cut out three different sizes of cookies.
- Use marble-sized pieces of dough to create triangles for the tops of the trees.
- Place on a foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 325-degree oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Keep an eye on them—you don't want them to get brown. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the vanilla frosting and the green food coloring to create your desired shade of green frosting.
- Start with the biggest cookie for the bottom of the tree. Pipe green frosting on the cookie.
- Continue to build the tree by adding a middle-sized cookie on top but don't press down. Pipe more green frosting on that cookie.
- Top with the smallest cookie and pipe more frosting, then add the triangular-shaped piece to create the top of the tree, and add a bit of frosting as shown in the photo.
- Decorate the trees to suit your fancy. Kids love to help with this!
- Keep in the refrigerator until serving.