- 5 minutes
This creamy and filling chicken dish can be made in just 30 minutes. Serve it with rice or noodles to make the meal complete.
- Put the chicken strips in a medium bowl. Toss with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly browned. Use tongs to transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Set aside the pan.
- To make the sauce, put the bacon in a cold small skillet. Cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally for evening browning. (Timing will depend on the thickness of the bacon, so watch closely.) Use tongs to transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and set aside. (The bacon will become crisper as it cools.)
- Heat the olive oil in the same sauté pan used for the chicken. Add the mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the half-and-half.
- Coarsely crumble the bacon and stir into the pan. Stir in the cooked chicken, thyme, and pepper. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Stir occasionally for 2 minutes to heat the chicken and slightly thicken the sauce. (Take care not to let the liquid come to a boil.)
Garnish the servings with thyme sprigs.