- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Add salt and white sugar into cold water and stir until totally dissolved. Add chicken to the brine and allow it to sit for 1 hour. Remove the chicken and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix rub ingredients together. Set aside.
- Coat the chicken evenly with melted butter, then spread the rub evenly over the chicken.
- Position the chicken on an open can of Dr Pepper. Roast for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 180°F.
- Allow the chicken to cool for 10 -15 minutes, remove the can, and enjoy.