- 15 minutes
- 90 minutes
This easy rub combines herbs and spices and transforms an ordinary pork loin into something extraordinary. Flavorful and delicious! The Parmesan cheese adds a lot of flavor to this delicious crust.
- In a large, lightly greased, foil-lined roasting pan, arrange the slices of onion to create a “rack” for the pork to sit on.
- Place the pork loin in the pan, on top of the onions, fat side up.
- Rub the oil all over the outside of the pork loin.
- In a bowl, place the pepper, the salt, the garlic powder, the thyme, the basil, the rosemary leaves, the sage leaves, and the Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Apply the herb mixture to the outside of the pork.
- Place in a 425-degree oven and roast for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees and roast for another 45 to 60 minutes. Use a meat thermometer and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.