- 10 minutes
- 4 minutes
- Makes 20 Fritters
These fall treats will make you think you're at the fair!
- In a medium bowl toss together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Fill a cast iron skillet with 3 inches of oil. Place over medium heat and heat to 375 degrees. Use a digital thermometer to measure the temperature. Line a half sheet pan with paper towels and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and spices. Use a rubber spatula to combine well.
- Use two spoons to scoop fritter batter into the hot oil. Gently pushing the batter off of one spoon into the hot oil. Cook a few fritters at a time so your oil temperature doesn't drop. Cook on each side about 2-3 minutes. Flipping only once using a slotted spoon.
- Remove the fritters from the hot oil and let sit on the paper towels. While they are still warm, roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy immediately.