- 30 minutes
- 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 4 teaspoons white sugar. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whip the eggs until fluffy and pale. Slowly add the sugars and continue to mix for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the applesauce and vanilla to the egg mixture and combine until integrated. Add the baking soda, cinnamon and flour and mix until just combined. Fold in the apples and walnuts and pour mixture into prepared pan. Spread out the apples and batter until even.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the batter. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake. Allow to cool on a rack.