- 5 Minutes
- 55 Minutes (plus resting time)
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F. Lightly coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix the butter, garlic, thyme, rosemary, onion powder and salt in a small bowl. Spread the herb butter mixture over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer basket breast side down and cook for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken to breast side up and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Allow the chicken to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Substitute: Instead of a whole chicken, substitute 2 chicken leg quarters, use half the amount of the herb butter mixture and air fry for 15 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. To substitute with 1 (2 lb.) boneless turkey breast, spread it with the herb butter mixture and air fry for 40-45 minutes, flipping every 15 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.