- 20 minutes
- 40-50 minutes
- In a medium bowl, toss together the apples and lemon juice, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cornstarch/flour. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the apples to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Prepare the pie crust dough according to your favorite recipe or the directions on the package of refrigerated pastry dough.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom of the a 9-inch pie pan. Pour the apple mixture into the pan. Place the second pie crust on top; crimp the edges.
- If desired, egg wash the top of the crust. Cut a few slits in the top to let steam escape.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. If the edges of the crust brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.