- 5 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- Makes 4-6 Servings.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, half & half, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, light brown sugar, and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Toss the cubed bread into the egg mixture, gently mixing it in with a spatula to coat all of the bread cubes.
- Grease a small casserole dish or loaf pan with baking spray. Add the soaked bread to the prepared dish, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the topping ingredients together with a fork. Once combined, sprinkle the topping onto the surface of the french toast bake to cover completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until completely set and baked through.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool about ten minutes. (If the recipe expanded or “puffed up” during baking, allow it to settle back down into the dish.) Top with fresh raspberries, sliced almonds and powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with syrup and enjoy!