- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
This powdered almond cake is topped with fresh berries for a refreshing dessert full of fruity flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the 8 egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until the eggs become pale in color. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally. Whisk in the vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Add in the almond flour and combine.
- Fold in a quarter of the egg whites using a rubber spatula. Don't worry about being gentle at this step.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and smooth with the rubber spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Or until the cake is springy when you press in the center.
- Let the cake cool. Slide a butter knife around the outer edge of the cake. Gently remove the cake from the pan. Slide a butter knife on the bottom of the cake to remove from the bottom of the spring form pan.
- Let cool completely. Place on serving tray and dust with powdered sugar. Top with an assortment of fresh berries.