- 10 minutes
- 6 minutes
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Mix together with bread crumbs, lemon pepper, ground mustard, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place the breading mixture into a shallow bowl or pie dish.
- Whisk together the eggs and place them in a shallow bowl or pie dish. Place the flour in another shallow bowl or pie dish.
- Dip the tilapia fillets into flour and shake off the excess. Then dip into the egg wash and coat both sides. Then coat both sides of the fish with almond breading.
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the canola oil and butter. Place the fish in the skillet and cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side. Fish will flake apart when done.
- Serve immediately with mashed red potatoes with chives and green beans.