- 15 minutes
- 30 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting each breast in half lengthwise, keeping your knife parallel to the cutting board and opening each one up like a book.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of apple butter on one side of each chicken breast. Top with 2 tablespoons of cream cheese. Fold chicken to close and secure with toothpicks or kitchen twine.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Move the skillet to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Transfer chicken to a plate and let rest.
- Place the skillet back over medium-high heat and add the cider and mustard, whisking until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn heat to low and whisk in the butter and chopped parsley.
- Remove toothpicks or kitchen twine from chicken. Serve with sauce and extra chopped parsley for garnish.
Recipe Tip: If your skillet is not oven-safe, simply transfer the chicken to a glass or metal baking dish.