- 10 minutes
- 10 minutes
A fun twist on breakfast cereal is served! Made with fresh apple, applesauce, cinnamon and some other classic pancake ingredients, our Apple Cinnamon Pancake Cereal is flavorful, sweet and slightly tangy. So, if you’ve been wanting to try this infamous tasty dish, take the popular creation to the next level with this recipe. Top with a small tab of butter and your favorite syrup with some fresh apple slices on the side. You can even add a little cinnamon to your syrup for the perfect compliment to this breakfast meal.
- Shred apple with a cheese grater and set aside. Whisk together flour, salt, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, milk, shredded apple and applesauce. Fold mixture gently into dry ingredients using a rubber spatula and mix until smooth. Spoon batter into a condiment bottle or plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a greased pan over medium-high heat (a drop of water will sizzle on the surface once the pan is up to temperature). If using a plastic bag, cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze dots of the batter (the size of quarters) onto pan.
- Flip individual pancakes with chopsticks or multiple pancakes with a spatula once batter is bubbling on top, and bottoms are golden brown. Repeat in batches until batter is gone (to keep made pancakes warm, place on a nonstick pan in an oven preheated to 150°).
- Serve in cereal bowls with butter and maple syrup or melted peanut butter.