- 10 minutes
- 10 minutes
You and your wallet are going to love this affordable combo of cereal and pancakes! Skip the bacon and eggs and save with this recipe featuring less than 10 cost-conscious ingredients, many of which you probably already have on-hand. Be sure to shop our weekly specials and quality brands to make this budget-friendly breakfast for even less!
- Shred apple with a cheese grater and set aside. Whisk together flour, salt, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, milk, shredded apple and applesauce. Fold mixture gently into dry ingredients using a rubber spatula and mix until smooth. Spoon batter into a condiment bottle or plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat a greased pan over medium-high heat (a drop of water will sizzle on the surface once the pan is up to temperature). If using a plastic bag, cut a small hole in the corner. Squeeze dots of the batter (the size of quarters) onto pan.
- Flip individual pancakes with chopsticks or multiple pancakes with a spatula once batter is bubbling on top, and bottoms are golden brown. Repeat in batches until batter is gone (to keep made pancakes warm, place on a nonstick pan in an oven preheated to 150°).
- Serve in cereal bowls with butter and maple syrup or melted peanut butter.