- 10 Minutes
- 40 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the apples and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and continue cooking, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Separate the cinnamon rolls into individual rolls. Cut each roll into 4-6 pieces. Transfer the cut cinnamon rolls to the large bowl and mix to combine with the apples.
- Pour the cinnamon roll mixture into the prepared baking dish. Dice the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the dough is cooked through and lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the icing from cinnamon rolls cans over the casserole.
Recipe Tip: Use baking-friendly apples such as Fuji, Braeburn or Honeycrisp. For a tarter apple try using Granny Smith!