- 15 minutes
- 1 hour, 10 minutes
The tartness of the apples combined with the sweetness from the cinnamon and sugar is a dynamite combination that you need to try!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a round cake or 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a beater attachment, beat the eggs and egg yolks until pale and thick, about 3 minutes. Gradually add the sugar. Stir in matzo meal.
- In a small bowl toss the granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking pan. Layer with apples. Pour the remaining batter over the apples. Top with a few apple slices and sprinkle with chopped nuts mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool before slicing.