- 20 minutes
- 50 minutes
This from scratch recipe will blow your family away, its apple pie but in a bread, it's apple pie bread. Enjoy this bread for breakfast with your morning coffee or for a sweet snack during the day. Eat this as a dessert or as a midnight snack, the choice is yours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumb ingredients until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- With mixer on medium, beat white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon and butter until fluffy. Mix in grated apples. Add well beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add flour to egg mixture and stir just until combined. Please do not overmix! Add milk.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle Streusel topping.
- Bake approx. 40 minutes.
- While the loaf is baking slice the 2 apples and then melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a skillet. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and cook until apples are soft. Set aside when finished.
- Remove from loaf from oven, Cut the loaf down the middle (just 1 1/2 inches deep), creating a small hallowed space. Remove the bread with a spoon GENTLY onto a separate plate. This will become your topping.
- Fill in the void with caramel sauce, then the cooked apples and then more caramel sauce, replace the topping you previously removed and then brush topping with melted butter.
- Continue baking an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.