- 20 Minutes
- Makes 8-12 Servings.
Looking for a healthy alternative to your favorite donuts? These donut apples might not taste like donuts, but they are just as fun! Check out this recipe for a fun April Fool's Day twist to doughnuts!
- Slice the apples horizontally into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Use a spoon or something similar to scoop out the middle (core) of each slice.
- Place the apple slices in a shallow pan filled with lemon juice for a few minutes.
- Remove from the lemon juice and thoroughly dry the apple slices.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl, add a little honey, and mix. If desired, use food coloring to color the cream cheese, or leave it white. Or divide the cream cheese into two bowls and make multiple colors.
- Coat the apple slices with your choice of Nutella, the cream cheese mixture, or peanut butter, and top each with your choice of sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, etc.