- 5 minutes
- Preheat oven and begin cooking biscuits according to package instructions. When lightly brown and almost done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium low heat. Add in butter and apples.
- Season apples with ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- When apples have become slightly tender, transfer to an oven safe baking dish and top with Food Lion trail mix and chocolate chips.
- Bake apple mixture in oven until trail mix is warm and chocolate has begun to melt. Remove from oven.
- Split cooked biscuits in half and top each half-biscuit with the baked apple mixture.. Garnish with whipped topping and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.