- 60 minutes
- 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine ¾ cup all-purpose flour, 1 ½ cup brown sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Cut ½ cup chilled butter into the mixture with a fork or pastry cutter until the mixture resembles sand. Mix in the walnuts and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the remaining butter until smooth and fluffy. Add remaining sugar and mix until pale in color. Add eggs, one at a time, allowing the last egg to fully integrate before adding the next. Mix for ten minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, applesauce and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix one-half of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, followed by one-half of the yogurt mixture, the remainder of the flour mixture, the remainder of the yogurt mixture and the half of the apples.
- Pour four cups of the mixture into the prepared pan and spread even. Sprinkle ¼ of the streusel over the top of this layer, followed by the remainder of the apples, 1/3 of the remaining streusel, the remaining batter and the remaining streusel. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake. Cool completely on a rack.