- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
Here is a perfect do-ahead appetizer for easy entertaining. You can keep these on hand in your freezer for up to 1 month. Then, without thawing, heat the frozen roll-ups in a preheated 350° F oven for about 5 minutes, until warm and crisp.
- Trim the asparagus to be the length of the bread slices. Put the asparagus in a microwave-proof dish and add about 1 tablespoon water. Cover tightly and microwave on HIGH for about 4 minutes. Drain well.
- Stir together the cream cheese, blue cheese, and egg white in a small bowl.
- Trim the crusts off the bread and use a rolling pin to flatten the slices. Spread each with about 2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture. Place an asparagus spear atop the cheese at the edge of a bread slice and roll to enclose the asparagus.
- Brush the rolls on all sides with melted butter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until the bread is almost frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice each roll into thirds and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the rolls are light brown and crisp. Serve warm.