- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
This healthy and delicious shepherd's pie will warm your heart and fill your belly! This recipe is easy, heart-healthy and gluten-free.
- Start by putting your sweet potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Pierce them each a few times with a knife, and microwave on high for 9 minutes, flipping half-way through. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, carrots, and garlic into a well-oiled saucepan. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute over medium heat until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add ground turkey to the pan. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Once turkey is browned, add ketchup and soy sauce. Combine and remove from heat.
- Remove and discard skins from cooled sweet potatoes (they should pull off quite easily). Combine in a bowl with milk, butter, rosemary, salt, pepper, and half of the cinnamon and paprika. Mash with a fork until texture is smooth and creamy.
- Add turkey and vegetables to bottom of an oven safe pan. Top with sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until sweet potato topping is lightly browned.