- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
This 2-star Guiding Stars approved recipe is freshly made with crisp baby kale and a savory bratwurst vinaigrette made with Johnsonville Bratwursts.
- Prepare the pickled shallots: combine cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil. In a 16 oz mason jar, combine shallots, garlic, and fresh sage. Pour boiling pickling liquid over shallot mixture and seal the jar. Allow pickles to cool on the counter before refrigerating. Do ahead: make pickles at least two hours before serving, or up to a week in advance.
- Remove sausages from their casings and brown in a small non-stick skillet to render out the fat. Using a slotted spoon, break the sausage up into small crumbles as they cook. Once cooked, transfer sausage crumbles to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Leave the drippings in the pan.
- Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs over the sausage drippings and toast over medium heat, stirring continuously until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate to let cool.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: whisk together cider vinegar and spicy mustard. While continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle in canola oil to emulsify. Whisk in the sausage crumbles and season with salt and pepper to taste. For a smoother vinaigrette, you can do this step using a blender.
- Toss salad mix together with radishes and pickled shallots in a large salad bowl. Drizzle Bratwurst Vinaigrette over salad and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top just before serving.