- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Makes 8 to 10 sliders
Bacon, beef, cheese--what's better than that? These super-yummy sliders are sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well, then shape into 8 to 10 very small and thin hamburger patties, sized to fit on slider buns. Make the patties about a ¼-inch thick. You can shape them as squares, or cut them to that shape if you wish.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter and then add the diced onions and sauté until they're just beginning to soften. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the skillet, cook the hamburger patties for 3 to 5 minutes or until they've reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Turn them once during the cooking process. Add two quarters of American cheese to each patty and continue to cook until melted.
- Lightly toast the slider buns in the oven or in a skillet if desired.
- To assemble a slider: Place a small amount of mayonnaise on one of the bottom buns, followed by some onions, a cheese-covered burger patty, some pickles, and two ½ slices of bacon. Add ketchup to one of the top buns and place it on top of your masterpiece. Yum!