- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
Combine the fabulous flavors of a bacon cheeseburger with the taste of a grilled pizza in this easy and tasty family favorite.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup and mustard.
- Make sure that you have all of your toppings and ingredients prepared and ready to go on the grill before you start grilling the pizza crust.
- Shape the pizza dough into your desired shape (circle, square, rectangle).
- Place the dough on a floured, rimless baking sheet for easy transport to the grill.
- Pre-heat the grill to high heat and oil the grates just prior to placing the crust on the grill.
- Take the baking sheet and carefully slide the dough onto the grill. Close the lid if you have one and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bottom of the crust is brown.
- Slide the dough onto a baking sheet and flip so the grilled side is up. Brush the grilled side with a little olive oil.
- Add the ketchup/mustard sauce over the pizza crust.
- Add the cooked ground beef, the salt and pepper, the shredded cheese, the sautéed onion, the pickles, and the cooked and chopped bacon. (Don't overdo the toppings—you might get a soggy pizza.)
- Return to the grill (with the top closed) and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes until the bottom of the crust is browned.
- Remove from the grill onto a cutting board.
- While the pizza rests, take a small saucepan and combine ½ cup cheddar, 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, and the 1 tablespoon of milk over medium heat until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the cheese over the pizza just before serving.