- 10 minutes
- 12 minutes
- Makes approximately 30 cookies
There's just something magical about the warmth and goodness of a chocolate chip cookie. Add in some bacon and you've got a cookie that's truly extraordinary.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, and beat well.
- In a separate small bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well and then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat well.
- Add the chocolate chips (reserve ½ a cup to sprinkle on top of the cookies later). Mix well.
- Add in ¾ of the chopped bacon (reserve ¼ of the bacon for later) and mix.
- Place generous teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet. Add a bit of the reserved bacon on top of each one. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle a few of the reserved chocolate chips over each warm cookie.
- These are best eaten right away while they're still warm; refrigerate any leftovers.