- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Once crispy, remove from heat and place on a paper-towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, spices, onion and 1/2 of the cooked bacon. Mix well with hands and form into a rectangular loaf shape. Place loaf on a well-greased baking sheet and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine bourbon, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and worcestershire over low heat. Stir continuously with a whisk until mixture forms a thick glaze. Add reserved bacon and remove from heat.
- Gently spoon the glaze over the prepared loaf, being sure to cover it entirely.
- Bake loaf for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Extra sauce can be served on the side, or used for basting during cooking. Serve immediately.